Sat, Feb 27|
University of Indianapolis
Academic WorldQuest 2021
Time & Location
Feb 27, 2021, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
University of Indianapolis, 1400 E Hanna Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46227, USA
About the Event
The World Affairs Councils of America (WACA) offers the Academic WorldQuest, a world affairs education program for high school students. In Indiana, it is managed by the Indiana Council on World Affairs and is co-sponsored with the Indiana Council for the Social Studies.
For over 15 years ICWA has hosted the Indiana competition. Any Indiana high school (public, charter, private, home school* or combination of two schools*) can enter up to four teams. There is no need to register students at this time. *Upon confirmation per ICWA & WACA.
Each team of four students (plus 1 teacher/coach) competes in a quiz-style event that tests students' knowledge of global politics, geography, international economics, history, and world cultures.
For teachers who register a team, ICWA will provide:
- FREE Teacher Membership in the ICWA for the 2020-2021 season.
- Invitations to ICWA programs, at member pricing.
- FREE registration to ICWA Great Decisions series.
- 1 Great Decisions 2020 Briefing Book for each school (upon request and while supplies last).
- 1 Teacher's Guide to Great Decisions 2020 - pdf.
- Ongoing preparatory information for AWQ 2021.
- Announcement of teacher training programs offered by the World Affairs Councils of America (WACA), the Foreign Policy Association, and other social studies organizations (some offer free tuition and travel stipends).
- Access to WACA online news interviews.
About the Indiana Council for the Social Studies:
The Indiana Council for the Social Studies (ICSS) actively collaborates with local and state organizations to promote and improve the teaching of social studies in Indiana. The means for achieving this include providing a forum for professional discussion, providing materials designed to aid in social studies teaching, establishing linkage with institutions and members who have similar professional purposes, webinars and ongoing professional development opportunities for improving the use of primary source documents in Indiana classrooms, and an Annual Conference.
For more information contact IndianaSocialStudies.com or email@example.com